Cosmelan / Dermamelan – The no 1 Depigmentation treatment.
The Gold standard treatment for pigmentation (melasma) world-wide.
What is melasma and do I suffer from it?
Hyperpigmentation is a very common skin disorder. It presents itself in brown patches, commonly found on the hands and face. In some cases it is referred to as: Melasma.
What causes hyperpigmentation?
Skin tone is defined by the presence of melanin. Darker skins have higher amounts of melanin, and lighter skins, have lower amounts of melanin. Often, Melasma occurs when there is an increased melanin production. This creates a darker skin tone in some areas, leaving the skin blotchy and uneven. Causes of skin pigmentation can range from genetic predisposition – aggravated by high exposure to strong sunlight, to hormonal changes – such a pregnancy, menopause or taking oral contraceptives.
How does cosmelan® help?
Cosmelan® acts by blocking the melanin-producing enzyme (Tyrosinase), therefore reducing the production of melasma.
Does SkinPro offer the cosmelan® treatment
SkinPro in association with Dermatologist, Dr Hanif Omar, offer the Cosmelan® and Dermamelan® treatment at the Doctors rooms at Vincent House in Wynberg. We also stock the full range of Mesoestetics homecare maintenance creams to maintain the outstanding results achieved with Cosmelan®
The cosmelan® procedure
Cosmelan® is a professional treatment, and therefore must be administered by a qualified and experienced practitioner. The treatment consists of two phases:
• Phase 1 takes place in the clinic/surgery. Only recommended for SEVERE pigmentation. It involves a detailed skin analysis and diagnosis. The Cosmelan® mask is applied to the skin after which the patient is sent home with instructions to remove the mask after 4 – 12 hours.
• Phase 2 involves homecare over the next 3 months. In some cases longer this phase carries on for much longer to keep the melasa/pigmentation under control
Advantages of Cosmelan®
• Effective pigmentation treatment
• minimal discomfort
• only one hour at the doctor/salon
• rejuvenation of the skin as an added benefit
• safe all year round
• beneficial for acne patients
• efficient homecare prolongs and maintains effect
• no hospitalisation
• downtime may vary
Who will benefit from cosmelan®?
• compatible with all skin photo types
• effective on all types of Melasma
• both men and women
• pigmentation from old scars, or even acne
• children under 12
• pregnant or breastfeeding women
• patients on Roaccutane
Results may vary and a thorough skin analysis and treatment history needs to be completed prior to treatment.
Results to be expected
A significant reduction in brown patches is detected only one week after starting treatment. The appearance of new luminous and rejuvenated skin is present, and skin continues to improve with the use of the maintenance products.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, to book your consultation and/or to purchase your Cosmelan or Dermamelan Treatment Kit or Maintenance Creams